Yesterday we took Geoffrey to Fresno State. After saying the appropriate goodbyes in town, and a good breakfast, we hit the road. We arrived in Fresno around 1:00 and had plenty of time for him to check-in and unload his stuff. We even had time to make a quick Target run for a few more items for his room (small cabinet and iron and ironing board). We had it mostly set up before our welcome dinner with the President of Fresno State. The dinner was nice and they introduced all of the new freshmen accepted into the program. We went back with him to his dorm room to finish up with last minute set up items before we left town. Before we left, he met another honors college member (Michael) that is on his floor (the 3rd by the way). They went together to the student time that was planned at 9:30pm. I know that the Lord sent Michael to Geoffrey that evening for me. Even if they don't stay friends, that made the goodbye part so much easier for an emotional mom because I was not leaving my child all alone in an unfamiliar place. Knowing he was already fitting in and making friends made driving away not as painful (I didn't even cry!). Thank you, Lord, for your graciousness! He will meet his roommate on Thursday. I hope that meeting goes as well as move in day did!! He'll come home in 3 weeks (for Jakob's birthday). I'm looking forward to hearing about some great experiences when he returns :)
The End
13 years ago

1 comment:
God is good! Isn't it nice that He'll sometimes give us instant and obvious reminders that He is in control and our concerns our His concerns? I like the desk/bed combo they have in those dorms. So efficient!
Post a Comment