So now that school has been in session for 2 weeks and they've just had their first holiday, I'll tell you all about it :) It seems to be going well for both of them. Jakob's class load has increased this year with the addition of chemistry. I think he'll do fine, but I understand his teacher is pretty strict. He has some homework at night but so far he's pretty lucky. Kymberli is also doing fine. She has grooved into the high school life well. I think all the time she spent on campus before school began helped. She is carrying a decent load herself with GATE classes. So far, no complaints (except for the fact that she is not crazy about band practice at night). So our school year got off to a smooth start just like I had hoped :)
Geoffrey has also had a week of classes now. He is really enjoying Fresno State. He even learned that he had received a high enough score on his Biology IB test to get college credit for it. So he dropped his Biology class and will probably replace it with an art class. He was really excited about that. One more reward for working his butt off!! He will come home this weekend for Jakob's birthday. We are looking forward to hear more great things from him :)
Another thing that has gone on around here is a bathroom redo. Nothing major-just cosmetic. I decided to redo the front bathroom (kid's bathroom) because one of the pictures kept falling off the wall. I got tired of repairing the hook, so I just decided to change the whole thing. I did have some help with design (thank you Geoffrey and Kymberli) and Eric helped with some prep work and hanging of art (thanks Honey) but the rest was all me :) And I am so happy with how it turned out. I walk by the bathroom and just stare in the door because it is so great to look at!! Dorky, I know, but hey, I worked hard! As you can see, it's quite a change from before.
Life continues to plug along. When school resumes it seems to move at a quicker pace. Soccer is underway and football games and band competitions will soon follow. I guess that's the way it goes with teenagers in the house :)

1 comment:
WOW, I am impressed with you! I would stare at it too! Way to go!
Post a Comment