Thursday, August 14, 2008

Last trip of the summer

We finally made it to Hume Lake this summer! Yea!! We went for an extended weekend last Friday to Monday. It was really nice. I forget how much I like it there until I get there. Then I'm reminded just how fortunate we are to have such a great vacation place. I especially like the fact that we have NO phone service there at all :)

Not all of our usual families were able to attend with us this year. The Madrid family had already made vacation plans so it was just the DeCarlos that joined us this year. We still had a fabulous time! They were able to go kayaking in the lake, play at the Sandy Cove and take a horseback ride on a guided trail. Kymberli, of course, loved that part (except for the helmet) :) We crammed as much activity in as possible in the short amount of time that we were there. And the trip would not have been the same without our yearly "roast marshmellows over the BBQ" event. I don't think that will ever get old!


Thanks DeCarlo family for being able to come with us.
We really enjoy our time with you!!

3 comments:

Allison said...

Hume is SO great! I have the same reaction when I get to go there. I know I enjoy myself each time I go, but I forget hoe much I LOVE to go. We are so lucky to have such a wonderful family that can provide us a place to make so many happy memories!

Amy Coontz said...

I can say that I love it there too. Maybe I can get you sister to take me and my kids there next summer.

Kevin said...

I NEVER forget how much I love staying there. As far as the helmet goes, you have to wear those in Texas too, but they are called cow(girl) hats.

flat out jealous.