Thursday, February 15, 2007

Happy (Day After) Valentine's Day!

We had a lovely Valentine's Day this year. Since this (over commercialized) holiday is hit or miss depending on what's happening in life, it was nice to tone it down and celebrate simply. Here's what I mean...Eric and I started by celebrating on 2/10 by attending a Valentine Dinner at church. It was a really nice evening with good food, great worship and a wonderful speaker. (1 point) Eric and I decided not to exchange gifts, only cards. (1 point) Eric took me to lunch instead of fighting the crowds for dinner. (1 point) As a family, we ate at home and ordered a heart-shaped pizza, decorated the table really nicely and served cider in "fancy" glasses. (1 point) The children received their gifts at dinner and the evening ended well. The only downside to our evening was the fact that Jakob was sick with the flu and he was not able to fully participate with us. Otherwise, our simple celebration accomplished exactly what we wanted...to demonstrate love and appreciation for each other!

2 comments:

Allison said...

poor Yakob!

Megan (aka Emme) said...

Are we sure that it was the flu??? Because I've never had the flu like THAT, with such distinct phases. I'm still trying to recover! YUCK!