Thursday, October 12, 2006

God's Love

Last week was a tough week for Eric. The Lord chose to take home his friend Dennis. Dennis was a painter by trade and unfortunately fell off a ladder during a job and passed away. Eric really struggled with his tragic death. And his heart ached for the workers Dennis left behind. Dennis used his painting business as a ministry to give people (who are a little rough around the edges) a second chance and tell them about the Lord. We, as humans, always question things that we don't understand. "How could God take him now? He was spreading the word. What about all those people? Where will they turn for comfort?" I really didn't understand how badly Eric was hurting until I saw his blessing last week stating, "I am glad God loves me even when I wonder what the heck He is doing." Then I was reminded that we are not supposed to know or even understand what He is doing. Our job is just to trust and realize that He knows more than we do. His ways and His love are hard to comprehend. To help grasp this huge concept, I would like to leave you with some quotes from Max Lucado's "God Thinks You're Wonderful" (the greatest little picture book I've read, by the way) to remind you that you are valuable in God's sight!

"God is fond of you. If He had a wallet, your photo would be in it. If He had a refrigerator, your picture would be on it...Whenever you want to talk, He'll listen. He can live anywhere in the universe, and He chose your heart. Face it friend, He's crazy about you. Our hearts are not large enough to contain the blessings that God want to give...Your heavenly Father is very fond of you and only wants to share His love with you."

Thank goodness for God's unfailing love. Have a week full of blessings!

2 comments:

Allison said...

Eric, my prayers are with you and Dennis's family. You are right, we don't know what the heck God is doing, but He does love us and He is enough.

Megan (aka Emme) said...

That little book got me through some horribly dark times as I struggled to comprehend God's will for my life and wrestled with my own identity. I truly believe Max Lucado is the closest thing we have to the voice of God today.