
We have been using the Blessing Box for a few weeks now. It is really allowing us to see what our children perceive as blessings in their lives. I find it really interesting (although not surprising) that they each have a predictable theme for their blessings. Geoffrey usually shares blessings that are a reward or recognition in relation to his academic performance or something that he has worked hard for. Jakob recognizes blessings that are a result of work he does not have to do or something he's been given. Kymberli's blessings appear to be social in nature and center around people and activities. These themes are so them! See if agree with me as some of their blessings from the past week are posted:
Geoffrey: I think I have the highest history grade in the Junior class (keep in mind that the whole class numbers 550+), I have 100.76% in Math Analysis, It was a quiet afternoon (brother and sister were gone all afternoon :) )
Jakob: Kyle made me a grilled cheese sandwich, I have an A+ in English, Our band received a lot of compliments at the Football game.
Kymberli: I had a great soccer practice, I didn't have a lot of homework like I've been having.
Have a week full of blessings!

2 comments:
Yup, sounds just like my nephews and niece! Geoffrey, way to go one your grades...keep working hard. Jakob, I know you had a big part in the compliments given to the band during the football game, and an A+ in English, WOW! Kymberli, keep practing hard in soccer, you are so talented!
I know I said I wasn't going to leave any more comments, but I lied. I just want to say that I had a absolutely fantabulous time with you at Disneyland!
Post a Comment