
What a blessing it is to spend time with family doing fun, girly things! Jill and Cari joined Kymberli and I at a tea party Sunday afternoon, at high tea time (4:00 pm), of course. We shared mini chocolate eclairs, chocolate hazelnut Pirouettes (creme filled, straw-shaped wafer cookies), butter cookies, spiral-shaped egg salad finger sandwiches on pink and lavender bread, flower-shaped tuna sandwiches with pink and lavender bread, and obviously, the main item was tea (with sugar cubes, naturally). Besides having a lovely afternoon together, the main objective was to demonstrate to Kymberli and Cari that they are special, priceless, and one-of-a-kind young ladies created by God. We are God's masterpiece and because we are, we need to present ourselves to the world as the "priceless tea cups" (the reason for the tea party) as He meant us to be, not just a typical ceramic mug or trashable styrofoam cup. It was a great object lesson that I believe the girls really understood. I look forward to spending more time with Kymberli as we continue with this program called Secret Keeper Girl. It uses mother/daughter dates to stress the importance of inner beauty and modesty to young girls. I look forward to our next date together...facials!

2 comments:
I wanna come!!!
Me, too! Allison can be my "mommy" stand-in...it will give her some practice!
Post a Comment