Monday, August 29, 2011

Holy moly!!


We survived the first week of school.  Not that anyone around here was too excited about its arrival.  And it was a bit sad too.  This will be the last "first day of school" of this kind...EVER. You see, Kymberli (the baby) has started her senior year of high school.  Yep, that's right, senior year!! And that carries with it a lot of excitement as well as a bit of sadness.  Now, if I dwell in the glass half empty mentality, then it is sad...everything will be the "last"-last home game, last prom...  And some things by nature will be, but I can't spend the entire year there.  She will really be ready to leave home just to escape that torture (and she already wants to leave).  OK, I realize that as long as someone lives at home and attends classes, there will be a first day, but it just isn't the same. This is just one step closer to the day that all the kids are out of the house and living there own lives.  A day that I looked forward to with anticipation when they were young and now that it's around the corner, I can't make it slow down!!

No comments: