Monday, September 28, 2009

Ahhh, Maui...


Eric and I have been back from a fabulous 20th anniversary trip to Maui for almost a week now. Boy, do we wish we were back on the island!! It's such a great feeling when the Pacific Ocean is between you and your life :) And once you are home, reality hits pretty quickly (and pretty hard sometimes).



So, about our trip... Did I mention it was fabulous?! It was really nice for Eric and I to celebrate us and only have to think about us for a week. If we wanted to stay in pj's until 10 am, we did. If we wanted to eat dinner at 9:30 pm, we did. If we didn't want to do anything, we did that too. Although, we did do some really nice things. Our only planned activity was a zipline course in the hills right off Ka'anapali. It was a nice excursion. We went on 8 ziplines, the longest being approx. 800 ft. long. Once I figured out how to control myself flying down the line, I liked it a lot better (coming into a landing pad backwards is a little unsettling for me). We did take "the road to Hana" one day. There was a lot more getting out of the car and hiking than I'd anticipated. And since I'm not much of a nature girl, I pooped out before we got to the end (getting gobbled up by mosquitos didn't help either). But it was a very full 11+ hour day. We did see a lot of really cool Maui landscape, though.



We ate great food, witnessed a pretty sunset and ultimately had the vacation we were hoping for. I'm so glad that we took some time for ourselves to remember why we fell in love with each other in the first place! And we are SO THANKFUL for the people in town who took over our lives so we could...Mom, Dad, Auntie Tricia and Auntie Jill thanks again for helping us out!!





We are so ready to go back. And this time, we might even take the kids!! :)

1 comment:

Megan (aka Emme) said...

Can I be one of your kids?