Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Happy Mother's Day to me!


The three greatest reasons I get to call myself Mom

The day itself was not too much to be excited about but the days leading to it are what I consider my gift! My sister Allison and Macey are visiting from Texas!! They arrived Tuesday and I've been trying to soak up as much time as I possibly can without making myself a nuisance.

Macey and me

The best time so far (she's not going home yet) has been our trip to the beach. Mom, Dad, Megan, Mark, Allison, Macey, Jakob, Kymberli and I went to Pismo to see the new beach house on Friday. Geoffrey even joined us for one night. Wow, is the house nice!! Lots of room. Anyway, it was really nice hanging out with the family that was able to be there and watch Macey experience some "firsts." She was OK with the sand but was not happy at all about the ocean-too cold!

Macey enjoying the sand

We returned to town Sunday afternoon so that the rest of the family could join us at Mom and Dad's for dinner. Jakob and Kymberli gave me really silly cards that pegged their personalities perfectly. They also gave me the bubble bath that I've been wanting and some other nice smelling products from Bath and Body Works. Geoffrey gave me some lovely flowers when he was at the beach. They were really thoughtful gifts and I was pleased. But the "gifts" that were my favorite were the ones that didn't have price tags-Geoffrey calling me first with good news, and Jakob and Kymberli being pleasant to each other while we were at the beach. Those kind of moments make every day Mother's Day!

3 comments:

Amy Coontz said...

Sounds WONDERFUL!!

I have a son with the same hair as Jakob!!

Megan (aka Emme) said...

I have to say that I really enjoyed your Mother's Day gifts, too! =D

Kevin said...

I want to hear about the MVP, MVP, MVP, MVP, MVP!!!!!