Friday, July 11, 2008

Jakob's trip to Pittsburgh

Jakob has returned from a great trip to Pittsburgh. If you remember, we sent Geoffrey last year, so this summer was Jakob's turn. He and Aunt Tricia left on June 30th (on a red eye) and returned late on July 8th. They packed a lot of great activities into this trip. They visited Pointe State Park and checked out the new fountain. They were also able to take a Duck Tour. That is a tour in an amphibious vehicle from WWII. It tours the city and then drives straight into the river and floats like a boat. Pretty cool! They ate at the famous Primanti Bros. Deli. They are famous for their big portions and fries in the sandwich. Messy but good! They spent a day at Kennywood Amusement Park, a small park in Pittsburgh. Enjoyed a great 4th of July show from Uncle Jeremy's front yard-the nearby park has a great aerial show. And the highlight was driving to Washington DC for a quick visit (they only stayed one night). Since this was Jakob's first visit to DC, they made sure to visit all of the monuments and see the White House. They also went to the Spy Museum. I'm sure that was really cool! Even though the weather was humid, they had a great time! He took a lot of great photos. I'm sure he'd love to show them to you.

Jakob and Michael at the Capitol

Jakob at the Lincoln Monument

Jakob at the White House

This was a great trip for Jakob. It's really a great feeling as a parent when you can give your child something special that's just for them. Thank you Uncle Jeremy and Aunt Ann for helping make this trip possible! Kymberli is counting down for her turn! :)

1 comment:

Kevin said...

that is cool. I wish I could have tagged along, I've never made it east of Memphis, TN.