Monday, May 12, 2008

How I spent Mother's Day

I decided that this year I wanted to go back to Magic Mountain. Yep, you heard me right, Magic Mountain. I have celebrated several past Mother's Days in this way and thought it was time to do it again. Think about it...what mother (besides me) wants to spend their day at an amusement park? Not many! And that's what makes this a fabulous day to go. And this year was no exception. The weather was great and there were no crowds to speak of. The longest that we waited for any ride that day was 45 minutes and that was because it was one of the newer rides. Everything else that we rode, we waited minimally or practically walked on the ride. And we hit most of the big ones-Tatsu (the newest one and the one that scared the pants off me), Viper, Goliath, Scream, Batman, Riddler, Gold Rusher, Colossus. The nice thing was that everyone was content with the day's events and we were leaving the park around 5 pm. So we had a great time and didn't have to wear ourselves out completely to do it!




You will notice, though, that in the pictures I'm missing a child. That was the only sad part of the day. Kymberli was not with us. She was in Mexico with the school on a weekend mission trip. Even though it made me sad that she was not with us, how could I tell her she couldn't go serve the Lord?! That in my mind was even worse than being away from her. So even though we missed her, I know she will return with great stories of their service in Mexico. And that makes her absence worth it! :)

3 comments:

Allison said...

You are such a cool mom! I am a big chicken of an Aunt when it comes to rides like that. Also, I can't wait to hear about Kymberli's trip!

Amy Coontz said...

FUN!! I haven't been to Magic Mt. forever. I think will try to go to Six Flags in St Louis this summer.

Megan (aka Emme) said...

Omigosh what a fantastic picture!!! That is one for the Hall of Fame, Ladies and Gentlemen! I love it.