Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Happy Birthday Geoffrey!

If you remember from previous posts, April is a month filled with birthdays. Just as soon as we recover from Eric's birthday, it's Geoffrey's turn. He celebrated his birthday last Saturday. AND HE TURNED 18!! Wow, where did the time go?! And he was able to celebrate well this year. He started with an all-nighter on Friday night. He and his long-time friend Sarah share their birthday. Together they planned a fun night with friends, games and movies. Although, the evening belonged to Sarah (she was the one to get the gifts that night), he got to share in the fun. He had his own party planned on Saturday. The same group of friends (very sleepy, by this time) came and celebrated with him at another friend's house.

They had yummy food, played Twister and pool and devoured a really cool cake with a picture of his face on it!

Then finally, he ended the day with a family party. Grandparents came and he opened gifts and ate butterfinger pie (his birthday request).


Thankfully, the celebrations ended rather early as we were all ready for bed (Eric and I chaperoned the all-nighter and we are WAY too old to be going to bed at 6:45 am!). All in all, it was a day filled with lots of love and celebration (and a little disbelief) as we honored Geoffrey's 18th birthday.
May God bless you with many more years to come!!

2 comments:

Allison said...

That just brings an Auntie to tears, I can't imagine what it did to his parents! We love you Geoffrey and are so proud to call you our nephew!!!

Kevin said...

I don't feel as old as your parents or aunt since I have only known for 9 years...so I got that going for me.

Happy Birthday...you da man!

Uncle Kevin