
In our family when I was growing up, Halloween always consisted of a trip to Grandma Ann's house for donuts and cider. When we had our own children, it was really fun to bring them into this fun event. And even when it was too difficult for her to prepare the treat, especially when she got older, we would just bring it to her :) This Halloween Grandma Ann is with Jesus so the rest of us decided to still hold our treasured tradition...we just went to Grandma Charlotte's house instead. Even though she lamented that she was now the matriarch (that made her feel old) she (and the rest of us) had a nice time pigging out on Smith's chocolate/orange swirl donuts and hot apple cider. Yum-yum!! Unfortunately, our time was really short. This is a busy day and kid's activities pull you in many directions all at once. It was still nice, though, to take a minute to keep our tradtion intact. We are looking forward to next year!

3 comments:
I'm sorry I had to miss it. I told so many people about our trips to Grandma Ann's on Halloween, so many good memories. I really miss those donuts!!!
I miss Smith's so much. There are no good bakeries here!!
Is that Momma trying to cross her eyes, or getting ready to sneeze?!?! Hehe, it looks like you had fun. I'm with Osley on that one...
Post a Comment