Thursday, October 11, 2007

20 Year Reunion!

The gang-1987

This last weekend I attended my 20 year high school reunion. Boy, just saying that makes me feel old. And I have to confess, I really had no interest in going. Why would I care to see people 20 years later who didn't even talk to me then?! Anyway, I got an attitude check when I learned that my friend Nalyn would be coming all the way from Hawaii (sounds like a rough life, I know). So, I consented. Then as the "who's coming" list grew, I realized that there were others that it would be nice to see, especially those in the "gang" (we can't use the 'S' word anymore). As it turned out, thanks to a fabulous surprise from Travis, most of us were reunited. It was really nice to see them again and talk about family, jobs and kids and remember the silly/stupid things we did (that we thought were so cool back then). The only one not able to make it was Angelo. We missed you, Angelo! Maybe next time! All in all, it turned out to be a really nice evening. Tony and Erin worked really hard to produce such a memorable event-thanks again, guys! We enjoyed each other's company and that's really what the evening was designed for.


Here's to the HHS Class of 1987
(at least the ones I care about the most)!!

5 comments:

Allison said...

I LOVE IT! Wow, you were only missing one person, what a great event. Steph, did everyone just scream when they saw how skinny you were...well, they should have if they didn't. Why can't you say the "S" word anymore? I guess I never really knew what it meant. Everyone looks great, glad you had a wonderful time.

Jedi Master Valenti said...

I noticed how skinny you were (and mentioned it!).. I love the old and new pics in the blog.. Sure wish we could get back to HHS and take a group pic there, just like the original. That would be fun. My letterman's jacket still fits (I can't button it up though)

I had a lot of fun and we'll have to try doing little reunions a little more often

Becker Family said...

Yes you did, Tony. Thank you very much!! sb

Cliff Carey said...

I never bought a letter jacket. Guess I was too ashamed because I only lettered in tennis.

Megan (aka Emme) said...

Oh my holy cow goodness! What FUN!!! It's strange, but I remember ALL of them, and with fondness. Imagine that! ;-)