Sunday, March 04, 2007

Tooting His Own Horn!

Well, Jakob won't be doing it, so I will! As a freshman in the band, you sometimes don't have a choice as to what instrument you get to play. In the fall (marching band), he played trumpet, which is his instrument of choice. For the spring season (concert band), french horn was chosen for him. He will tell you that he doesn't much care for it. But anything that requires work, he doesn't care for :) I will tell you that at their (Geoffrey played, too) first spring concert, he did really well (from what I could tell). I was very pleased and proud to watch him play a new instrument. He will most likely not stay with band after this year (he really wants to take woodshop), but I'm happy that he got to experience something new. After all, isn't that what makes life exciting?!

1 comment:

Grandpa Max said...

Way to go Jakob... and Geoffrey. Takes lots of work to be a part of those groups. They should be proud of their accomplishments. Two instruments????