
Thank you for taking the time to find out what is going on in the Becker family! Our family is experiencing some wonderful changes (by choice) this year. The Lord has led Stephanie to be a stay-at-home mom and, as you can imagine, many changes come with that new role. And it's these changes that have brought about the creation of The Blessing Box in our family. Since the whole family is trying to get accustomed to new ways of living (down to one income), we wanted to make sure that we focused on the small daily blessings God so lovingly gives to us instead of all the things we could be missing. Each night at dinner as we sit around the table, we each write down one blessing that happened during the day and share it out loud. Once we have shared it, we place it in the blessing box. Each night (Monday-Friday), we add another blessing to the box. On Saturday night, we have dinner as a family and pull out all of the blessings from the week and read them out loud again. This is a great reminder of how God has been faithful to us during the week. Our goal is to foster gratefulness in our children's hearts and a willingness to seek the things of God that really matter.
Our desire is to bless you with our discoveries as God continues to bless us!

2 comments:
Yippee! I can't wait to hear all your blessings! I will start with listing some of mine; Stephanie, Eric, Geoffrey, Jakob, Kymberli... :)
That Allison is a real booty-kisser, isn't she?
Seriously, though, it's awesome that you're doing this! Yay! I've had a MySpace page for forever, so that's where I do most of my blogging. But...that's more like my woe-is-me journal. I can use this to keep family updated, since I'm never around anymore.
Welcome to Blogland!
Post a Comment