Monday, January 25, 2010

Happy Winter!

After the last 5 winter storms in a row, Eric thought it might be fun to take the kids skiing. I don't ski, but I was happy to go along a sit in the lodge. The kids were thrilled. So bright and early (5:30a) Saturday morning, we hit the road and went to Sierra Summit near Huntington Lake. The only trouble was everyone in the valley had the same idea! It took longer to get up the mountain than anticipated (4+ hours) and much longer to get down (5+ hours). And even though they only made it up and down the mountain twice (Jakob made it 3 times), they still had a fun day. Eric hadn't been on skis in quite awhile and was really glad he didn't blow out a knee. Jakob is a pro on a snowboard but he was a good brother/son and stayed with the group. Kymberli was learning to snowboard and worked really hard to figure it out, spending a lot of time on her butt. And I visited with other Moms on the deck in the sunshine.

On the road really early


Getting ready to hit the mountain

All in all, it was a really great family day. And that really was the purpose of it - Have some fun while enjoying each other!

1 comment:

Megan (aka Emme) said...

Aw FUN!!!! I've never gone skiing or snowboarding. (I value my tailbone.) But honestly that makes me wanna go right now!