Friday, February 20, 2009

Kymberli's 15!

First, let me say, I can't believe it!! What happened to the time? Our daughter is no longer a little girl, and each day, that is becoming more and more evident. And even more so this week as she celebrated her 15th birthday.




We began the celebration on Sunday (2/15) with a family party. This actually happened to be Grandma Charlotte's birthday so we threw in a quick celebration with her before we started partying with Kymberli. The nice thing about a family party is it's really easy and casual-just family, presents and cake. Cold Stone ice cream cake and cupcakes to be exact. My family really loves ice cream cakes! We dove right into the presents once everyone arrived. Kymberli received some really nice things-a gift certificate for a massage from Geoffrey (to be performed by him), birthstone earrings from Grandma Laurie, purple jeans from Grandma Charlotte and a lovely peridot ring from us (she had asked for a purity ring and Eric and I were HAPPY TO OBLIGE). Then after all our partying, Cari spent the night since there was a holiday on Monday.




Her "actual" birthday was on Wednesday. I had planned to take treats to one of her classes that day (without her knowing). I know it's "the geeky mom thing" but that's kinda what I was going for. I took a tray of brownies to her 6th period class and made sure they were accompanied by the loudest musical card I could find. And her teacher made it even better by having the class sing to her :) It really didn't even bother her. At least it made me feel like her birthday was acknowledged. Then that evening we took her out to dinner. She chose Teppan Yaki. I think she chose that this year because she wanted to have moshi (sp?) for dessert. The best way to describe it is that it is a small portion of ice cream wrapped in a marshmellow-like covering. So the outside is soft and chewy and the inside is cold and creamy. They are actually quite good. We had a really nice meal and you can see she enjoyed her dessert! The restaurant even put a candle in it and sang to her :)






I think she has sufficiently celebrated her 15th birthday. She agreed to tone down the festivities this year so that she can have a fabulous "Sweet 16" next year!! We'd better start saving now!

1 comment:

Kevin said...

Happy Birthday, Chick!