Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Oh my goodness!!

We've had Tilly, Kymberli's hamster, for almost 1 year. She has really enjoyed her, too. The animal lover in her is really happy to have a little critter to take care of. And up to this point, Tilly has been great. She's been easy to take care of and Kymberli has been faithful to clean her cage weekly. And even though her "silent" wheel is not-so-silent (Kymberli's learned to sleep with ear plugs), Kymberli has enjoyed sharing her room with Tilly...until today!! This morning Kymberli woke up to an empty hamster cage. TILLY GOT OUT!! This was my worst fear. A rodent running unknown all over my house! Of course, Kymberli was in a panic and was very concerned that she was hurt, or worse yet, we would find her dead. We spent a frantic 25 minutes searching the entire house. Kymberli's room was left in a shambles and everywhere else we checked, contents were left scattered about. We finally found Tilly in the back corner of my closet (of all places!) scratching around a duffel bag. Good grief! Not the start to a Wednesday that I would have liked. But I was relieved to find her quickly. It would have been a stressful day trying to be careful everywhere we went in the house if we hadn't found her. Kymberli was thrilled and "grounded" her by duct taping her resting area shut (we are now in the process of finding replacement parts for the hamster cage so this does not happen again). Anyway, a happy ending for a very stressful morning!

The happy owner and her little escape artist!!

3 comments:

Allison said...

Well, I know what it's like to lose an animal for a little while, not very fun. Glad you found her!!

Amy Coontz said...

I have not so found memories of my boys SNAKE being lost in the house. I too found it in my closet, only it was days later!!

Becker Family said...

You win, Amy!! A snake is WAY worse! I would've moved out until it was found!!